Walloon Sailors Inc. has been closely monitoring the effects of COVID-19 on our community and we continue to reach out to our contacts at the state and county level in order to stay informed.
We had a very successful 2020 season and we feel cautiously optimistic about our 2021 sailing season. We're going to be following guidelines from the Governor, the Health Department of Northwestern Michigan and the CDC to keep our sailors, families and staff safe and healthy. Rest assured, we'll be doing LOTS of hand washing this summer.
Due to Covid-19 circumstances our board has decided that lessons will be by appointment only. There will be no drop in's allowed.
Feel Free to call us to book your lesson offline as well (231) 373-2329
Let's stay healthy and hopeful. We look forward to hoisting the sails with you soon.
The board of directors of Walloon Sailors, Inc.
WALLOON SAILORS INC.
1. All students are subject to a temperature check upon arrival to sailing school.
2. All students will be required to fill out a questionnaire upon arrival to ensure they show no symptoms.
3. All students should remain 6 ft. apart unless they are a part of the same family or instructed to do otherwise.
4. Only one student will be allowed in an Opti at a time, unless a part of the same family.
5. Facemasks will be required if students are sailing with someone from another family .
6. All lifejackets will be sanitized after each use.
7. Encourage all students to bring their own facemasks if possible.
8. Students cannot enter the shed unless told to by an instructor.
*ALL GUIDELINES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE*